The farmers market is an establishment that has been in existence since the beginning of time; selling products that are not only fresh but naturally grown. It is this characteristic of the farmers market is one of the reasons why the farmers market has so many customers. So it should not come as a surprise when you notice an opening of new farmers market around your locality. Another reason why the farmers market is making many trends is the fact that, the produces are usually the complement of a particular locality; products in the farmers market are usually a product, common to that locality. Because of this, products usually differ from one farmer’s market to another. However, they are some products that you can find in virtually all farmers markets. The products are;
- Freshly killed meat (sometimes with fresh fish): statistics have shown that the level of consumption of meat (red and white) is on the high side, with roughly about million cows being killed every year. Meat is eaten in almost home, both in the United States of America (U.S.A) and the world in general. A farmers market would not be complete if it didn’t have meat or many meat stalls.
- Cottage and Dairy Products: cheeses and milk are usually found in a farmers market. Cheese is used as an ingredient in many American dishes, thus the need to be sold in all markets. Dairy products are one of the primary products of farms.
- Peas, lettuces, carrot, onion, tomatoes, pepper. These are the primary product you can find in a farmers market, anytime, anywhere. These farm products are basic products that can be cultivated by any farmer. Anywhere, anytime.
- Veggie Shakes: although I told you that these products could be found in farmers markets, the veggie shake, will, however, be dependent on the agricultural product that is prevalent in the local area. Veggie shakes are like milkshakes, but with vegetables.
- Regular Shakes: the reason why regular shakes are usually sold in farmers markets is usually of dehydrated kids and adults who don’t want the veggie shakes. Plus the vendors themselves also take the shakes once in a while.